Through this Policy, the ‘NANO KOREA Symposium’ regards personal information of the users as important and inform them of the purpose and method of symposium's using the personal information provided by the users and the measures taken by the symposium for protection of those personal information.
This Policy will be effective on the 1st day of February, 2020 and, in case of modification thereof, the ‘NANO KOREA Symposium’ will make public notice of it through posting it on the bulletin board of symposium website or individual notice through sending e-mails.
1. Information to be collected and method of collection
- (1) Personal information items to be collected. - Personal information items to be collected by the 'NANO KOREA Symposium ' are as follows:
- Information provided by the users The 'NANO KOREA Symposium’ may collect the information directly provided by the users.
- NANO KOREA Symposium Account service, Registration and payment service, Abstract submission service
- NANO KOREA Symposium account service : Name, Email Address, Nation, Affiliation, Department, Position, Telephone number
- Registration and payment service : Name, Email Address, Nation, Affiliation, Department, Position, Telephone number, Currency, Fee, How to pay(Bank or Card)
- Abstract submission service : Name, Email Address, Nation, Affiliation, Department, Position, Telephone number, Title, Authors, Topic, Presentation Preference, Abstract File
- Information collected while the users use services
- Besides of information directly provided by the users, the 'NANO KOREA Symposium' may collect information in the course that the users use the service provided by the 'NANO KOREA Symposium'
- Sign in : IP, Sign-in date
- (2) Method of collection - The 'NANO KOREA Symposium' collects the information of users in a way of the followings:
- NANO KOREA Symposium account service, Registration service, Abstract submission service (submit form)
2. Use of collected information
- The 'NANO KOREA Symposium' uses the collected information of users for the following purposes:
- Participants management and identification
- Publishment of Program book and academic program management and identification
- Performance of contract and service fee settlement regarding provision of services demanded by the users
- The 'NANO KOREA Symposium’ agrees that it will obtain consent from the users, if the 'NANO KOREA Symposium’ desires to use the information other than those expressly stated in this Policy.
3. Sharing collected information
- Except for the following cases, the 'NANO KOREA Symposium' will not share personal information with a third party:
- When the 'NANO KOREA Symposium' shares the information with its PG service company and service providers;
- When the NANO KOREA Symposium's PG company and service providers carry out services such as bill payment. (Only case of Credit-Card)
- When the users consent the sharing in advance;
- When the sharing is required by the laws;
- if required to be disclosed by the laws and regulations; or
- if required to be disclosed by the investigative agencies for detecting crimes in accordance with the procedure and method as prescribed in the laws and regulations
4. Cookies, Beacons and Similar Technologies
- The 'NANO KOREA Symposium' does not collect collective and impersonal information through 'cookies' or 'web beacons'.
- The 'NANO KOREA Symposium' does not collect 'cookies'.
- Cookies are very small text files to be sent to the browser of the users by the server used for operation of the websites of the 'NANO KOREA Symposium' and will be stored in hard-disks of the users' computer.
- The users have an option for cookie installation. So, they may either allow all cookies by setting option in web browser, make each cookie checked whenever it is saved, or refuses all cookies to be saved.
- The 'NANO KOREA Symposium' does not collect 'web beacons'.
- Web beacon is a small quantity of code which exists on the websites and e-mails. By using web beacons, we may know whether a user has interacted with certain webs or the contents of email.
5. Users' right to access and option
- The users or their legal representatives, as main agents of the information, may exercise the following options regarding the collection, use and sharing of personal information by the 'NANO KOREA Symposium':
- exercising right to access to personal information.
- make corrections or deletion.
- make temporary suspension of treatment of personal information.
- or request the withdrawal of their consent provided before
- If, in order to exercise the above options, you, as an user, use the menu of 'My Account (amendment of account information of webpage)' or contact the 'NANO KOREA Symposium' by using representative telephone or sending a document or e-mails, or using telephone to the responsible department (or person in charge of management of personal information), the 'NANO KOREA Symposium' will take measures without delay: Provided that the 'NANO KOREA Symposium' may reject the request of you only to the extent that there exists either proper cause as prescribed in the laws or equivalent cause.
- The 'NANO KOREA Symposium' regards the security of personal information of uses as very important. The company constructs the following security measures to protect the users' personal information from any unauthorized access, release, use or modification
- Encryption of personal information
- Store important information such as passwords after encrypting it
- Countermeasures against hacking
- Install a system in the zone the external access to which is controlled so as to prevent leakage or damage of users' personal information by hacking or computer virus
- Web Hosting : sanggong
- Establish and execute internal management plan
- Install and operate access control system
- Take measures to prevent forging or alteration of access record
7. Protection of personal information of children
- In principle, the 'NANO KOREA Symposium' does not collect any information from the children under 14 or equivalent minimum age as prescribed in the laws in relevant jurisdiction. The website, products and services of the 'NANO KOREA Symposium' are the ones to be provided to ordinary people, in principle. The website or application of the 'NANO KOREA Symposium' has function to do age limit so that children cannot use it and the 'NANO KOREA Symposium' does not intentionally collect any personal information from children through that function.
- (Additional procedure for collecting personal information from children) However, if the 'NANO KOREA Symposium' collects any personal information from children under 14 or equivalent minimum age as prescribed in the laws in relevant jurisdiction for the services for unavoidable reason, the 'NANO KOREA Symposium' will go through the additional procedure of the followings for protecting that personal information of children:
- When the child is registered immediately deleted.
8. Modification of Privacy Protection Policy
- The 'NANO KOREA Symposium' has the right to amend or modify this Policy from time to time and, in such case, the 'NANO KOREA Symposium' will make a public notice of it through bulletin board of its website (or through individual notice such as written document or e-mail) and obtain consent from the users if required by relevant laws.
- All personal information will not be sent anywhere else besides reading of the secretariat.
10. Responsible department of the Policy
- The 'NANO KOREA Symposium' designates the following department in charge of personal information in order to protect personal information of customers and deal with complaints from customers:
- [NANO KOREA Symposium Secretariat]
- Address : 3F, 14, Nambusunhwan-ro 354-gil, Seocho-gu, Seoul, 06737, Korea
- Tel. : +82-2-573-6210 / +82-574-6209
- Email: email@example.com